5 plastic water bottle tops or something similar
Small basket or plastic container
50 counting sticks (popsicle sticks)
- Use the marker to draw designs on the tops. Be creative with your designs.
- Make two of the tops the same (e.g., X’s) on one side only.
- Make the other three tops the same but different from the first two (e.g., stars) on one side only.
- To play, place the tops in the container and toss into the air.
- Let them fall to the ground before counting the points.
- Take as many counting sticks as you earned points.
- When all 50 counting sticks are gone, count your points to see who has the most points. That person wins the game.
|1 of either kind||
|3 starts and 2 blanks||
|2 X's and 3 blanks||
|4 marked sides up||
|5 blank sides up||
|5 marked sides up||
- More information can be found in the book
- More Than Moccasins: A Kid’s Activity Guide to Traditional North American Indian Life