Keeper of the Fire
3 small twigs
Blindfold for each group of 4–6 students
- Select someone to be blindfolded. This person kneels in front of a small pile of twigs representing a fire. His or her job is to protect the fire and to keep anyone who comes near it away.
- Another person from the team announces his/her coming by saying “I’m coming to get your fire” before quietly sneaking up to the keeper to try to steal one or more twigs.
- The object is to try and get all 3 of the twigs. When all 3 twigs are taken, or if the attackers were touched each time they attempted to steal a twig, a new keeper is chosen and the game resumes.
- More information can be found in the book
- Would You Have Gone With Lewis and Clark?