Ring and Pin
Many tribes played this type of game to improve their agility. Animal bones, pumpkin rinds, or moose hair in the shape of a hoop were all used to make the target. Choose whatever you have to make your own target, or create your own by following the directions below.
Yarn or string 24 inches or 2 feet long
Cardboard circle 3 inches in diameter (Use a hole punch to make holes in the cardboard. Make a larger hole in the center of the circle and decorate it if you want.)
- Tie one end of the yarn or string to the end of the pencil with a tight knot.
- Tie the other end of the yarn or string to the target.
- To play, hold the stick, toss the target into the air, and catch it on the pencil.
- Make up your own point system.
- More information can be found on the following site: