Did You Know?
Each year, North Dakota farmers and ranchers produce enough:
- Wheat for 15.5 billion (15,500,000,000) loaves of bread.
- Soybeans for 212 billion (212,000,000,000) crayons.
- Potatoes for 171 million (171,000,000) servings of French fries.
- Durum for 8.5 billion (8,500,000,000) servings of spaghetti.
- Sunflowers for 726 million (726,000,000) bags of sunflower seeds.
- Beef for 103 million (103,000,000) hamburgers.
- Milk for 894 million (894,000,000) glasses of milk.
- Pork for 4.1 million (4,100,000) pork chops.
- Corn for 770 million (770,000,000) gallons of ethanol fuel.
- Wool for 421,500 sweaters.
- Sugarbeets for enough sugar to sweeten 27 billion (27,000,000,000) gallons of Kool-Aid.
- Alfalfa to feed 529,000 cows for one year.
- Canola to fill the North Dakota Capitol building more than 16 times.
Source: North Dakota Department of Agriculture